On January 7, 2019, the USPTO published new guidance to examiners concerning determining subject matter eligibility under 35 U.S.C. § 101. In this timely webinar, Brooks Kushman shareholders Isaac Slutsky and Rachel Smith will review these revised procedures and discuss potential strategies to maximize the benefit from the changes, while avoiding potential downsides.
• What cases the revisions will affect
• How the revised guidelines will impact subject matter eligibility questions for patents involving abstract ideas
• How the revisions will help to streamline Alice/Mayo analysis in the future
• How to submit comments on the guidance
• Maximizing the “practical application” aspect of the analysis of claims moving forward