Viewed by some as a way to mark a product as “patented” or “patent pending,” proper obtained properly can be extremely valuable. Design patents can protect unique artistic designs, industrial design efforts, brand identifiers, and even color.
Join us for a discussion on trends and practical tips related to acquiring and enforcing design patents as part of an overall IP protection strategy. Topics will include:
• Drafting design patents with scope and international considerations
• Evaluating the scope provided for pioneering designs
• Addressing judicially-created functionality doctrine
• Protecting for use of colors in designs
• Using design patents and its relation to trademark rights
• Employing effective design patent enforcement strategies